Spell Attack Speed¶
- Standard Haste and Slows
- Baseline attack speed is set at a value of 100.
- This spell effect modifies that value.
- Haste spells will have a value greater than 100.
- Haste amount is calculated at (Value - 100).
- Example: Swift like the Wind (Value = 160)
- 160 - 100 = 60% Haste
- Haste Caps
- Lv 60+ = (100)
- Lv 51 - 59 = (85)
- Lv < 50 = (level + 25)
- Slow spells will have a value less than 100
- Slow amount is calculated at (100 - Value)
- Example: Sha's Legacy (Value = 35)
- 100 - 35 = 65% Slow
- Stacking: Slow will always overwrite haste in the same spell slot.
- Slow Mitigation
- Set in npc_types table 'slow_mitigation'
- Decreases the potency of a slow effect by a percent as defined in the table
|Range||Client Message when cast on an NPC with slow mitigation|
|0 - 25 %||"Your spell was mostly successful"|
|26 - 74 %||"Your spell was partially successful"|
|74 - 100%||"Your spell was slightly successful"|
- SE_AttackSpeed2 (98)
- Stackable Haste (w/ SE_AttackSpeed) that does not go over the haste cap
- SE_AttackSpeed3 (119)
- Stackable Haste (w/ SE_AttackSpeed + SE_AttackSpeed2) that can go over the haste cap
- The direct spell effect value is added to the haste derived from SE_AttackSpeed and SE_AttackSpeed2 and will exceed the haste cap.
- Example (IF CAP AT 100): Swift like the Wind (60%) + Composition of Ervaj (10%) + Item Haste (30%) = 100% + Ancient Power (10%) = 110% Haste
- Can also be used as a stackable slow effect as seen in Taking Root
- Overhaste Caps
- Lv 51+ = **(25) **
- Lv 1 - 50 = (10)
- Stackable slow effect (w/ SE_AttackSpeed)
- When slowed by SE_AttackSpeed: This effect decreases the remaining portion of your attack speed value NOT lowered by standard slow
- Example: (SE_AttackSpeed) Sha's Legacy 65% slow + (SE_AttackSpeed4) Lassitude 25% slow
- Sha's Legacy is calculated as 100 - 35 = 65% slow, therefore the remaining attack speed is (35)
- Lassitude will now decrease the remaining value (35) by 25% = 16.5%
- The total slowed value on the target would be 65% + 16.5% = 81.25% slow
- When NOT slowed by SE_AttackSpeed: This effect acts as a regular slow, decreasing attack speed by the full amount.
- Note: The base value should always be set as a positive. There are a few examples of spells with negative values, however all of their descriptions indicate it as a slow effect (It is likely developer error)