Creating a New Faction¶
To add a new faction on your server:
- Add the new faction to the faction_list table. Assign a value to base_value that indicates, aside from class/race/deity adjustments, how your new faction will regard everyone.
- Add an entry to faction_base_data if you want the limits on earned faction to differ from -2000 to 2000.
|Faction Value||Faction CON|
|1100 -> ABOVE||ALLY|
|750 -> 1099||WARMLY|
|500 -> 749||KINDLY|
|100 -> 400||AMIABLE|
|0 -> 99||INDIFFERENT|
|-100 -> -1||APPREHENSIVE|
|-500 -> -101||DUBIOUS|
|-750 -> -501||THREATENLY|
|BELOW -> -751||SCOWLS|
- Decide if you want your faction to favor or dislike characters more of less based on their class, race or deity. If so, add entries to faction_list_mod for your newly created faction.
- Every NPC that you want to be on your new faction, will have to be on a new npc_faction that has a primary_faction set to your new faction from faction_list. But unless all the NPCS that you want will all have the same faction hits when killed, you'll need a separate npc_faction for each tier of hits. I hope we can factor this part out in a future work product.
- If you want to assign faction hits or gains for killing any npc on your newly created npc_faction, add these entries to npc_faction_entries using your new npc_faction_id.
- If you want your newly created faction members to attack or assist certain other factions, add these entries to npc_faction_entries using your new npc_faction_id.
- Assign the NPCs you want to your new npc_faction.
- Restart the server for this to take effect. We'll work on a live reloading mechanism.